Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Ate a Whole Pig at Daisy May's BBQ

WHO: Me and a dozen friends.

WHAT: Big Pig Gig, featuring the eating of a whole 40-pound, 6-month-old pig, smoked for half a day.

WHEN: 7:00 p.m., Sunday, February 8, 2009.

WHERE: Daisy May’s BBQ, 46th St. & 11th Ave., Manhattan.

WHY: Because I’ve been threatening to do this for two years, the pig was free of hormones and antibiotics, and a dozen other guys had to do what I wanted.

VERDICT: It was delicious. The pig was one of the most succulent foods I’ve ever eaten. Four of us were like pigs in #&@% (pun intended) and probably ate more than the other nine combined. There are a couple pounds in my refrigerator if anyone is interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow , That pig looks amazing and looks like a great time